Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chapter Ending

Sunday night, March 18th, was my last night at work at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.  I've felt very bittersweet about it.  On one hand, I know this decision is right for my family and our future, but on the other hand, I'm really going to miss the friends I've made and the sweet babies that I got to take care of when I was there.  It was my first job out of school and I learned so much.  I'll never forget my experiences and the people who have helped me grow into the person and nurse I am today.  Maybe one day I'll be back, we'll see.

It's been hard, too, because this moment kind of solidified the whole "moving to Hawaii" thing.  It's really starting to click!  I'm so excited about living in Hawaii and all the adventures we will get to be a part of but I'm having a hard time saying goodbye to Kansas City.  Never thought I'd say that.  You can ask Andy if when I moved here he'd ever thought I'd say that and he'll tell you "no way".  I didn't like the snow, the distance from my family in Houston, Tx and just everything being new and out of my element.  But look where I am now! :)  I know that this is all going to work out - it's just a huge adjustment and it'll take time.

So, for those of you who have the pleasure of being around me frequently over the next few months, please keep in mind my emotional state is not exactly stable and I apologize in advance for anything I might say or do out of the norm (for me).

This week I'm really digging in to cleaning the house...and I mean cleaning the house.  I'm preparing to close the Kansas City door and say Aloha to Honolulu!  Here we go...

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment