I was so blessed to be able to share Mother's Day not only with my mother, but my adorable baby daughter as well! We also had her baptized in church that day - triple blessed!! She did pretty good in church. She loved the music but once the sermon started she was over it so we retreated to the back foyer and listened over the speakers. :) Pretty good for a 5 1/2 month old!After church I had a special lunch planned for the immediate family that was around. I made "baby burgers", "baby rainbow fruit tray", beans, rice, fruit salad, and "baby carriages" for dessert! Did you pick up on the baby theme?? Thought it was appropriate and fun (but I also tend to be cheesy at times)!
A special thanks to my parents for allowing me to use their gorgeous patio/deck area for our special celebration!
As we all know, life has it's ups and downs. On this Mother's Day I honestly didn't care about any "downs" I could think of. I was focused on my first celebration as a new mom and letting my mom know that I so very much appreciate all she has ever done for me (especially now)! Becoming Maeva's mom is one of the most amazing things that has EVER happened to me. It has totally rocked my world and I wouldn't change it for anything. It's so strange to watch her play and learn new things almost every day and realize that I am responsible for her education, health, and general well-being. Sometimes I wonder if I'm old enough for this... and then I realize that I am and I'm just being nostalgic or something! Haha, OH life :) Love my MaevaBug!
Father's Day is just around the corner and it'll be Andy's turn! (Looking forward to the sweet daddy-daughter pictures I can hopefully get!)
No comments:
Post a Comment