Getting ready!
Saying "I DO"
Rehearsal Dinner @ Carmelo's in Downtown ATX
Andy and Me at the reception
After all the wedding weekend fun Andy and I came back to Missouri and picked up Nismo from the place we board him at. As we were waiting, this lady brought in a cat and said that she couldn't keep it anymore because it was ruining her house and she just wanted to put it down. My heart totally sunk! While I was listening, they brought Nismo out to us but I was so caught up with this cat being put to sleep because the owner said it was ruining her house, that I didn't show ANY excitement for seeing my own furry friend. Andy kept looking at me and trying to get my attention but I was totally mentally preoccupied. I felt so bad afterward, but I couldn't help it. We went out to the car and I was telling Andy how upset I was over this cat and that I wanted to do something for it. He said that he understood and that I'm a nice person but these things happen and sometimes we can't control it at all. Well we go to leave and my car wouldn't start....THANKFULLY, he had his car too so he jumped my car and we got going home. I decided on the way home that I would call about this cat and offer to give them some money or ANYTHING that would help save it's life. When I called, they informed me that they had called the owner and asked if the cat could just be surrendered to the pet hospital to do some testing (the cat is only 16 months old). The owner agreed to that instead of putting it to sleep. WHEW! I was so glad that the pet hospital chose to do that and stood up for the sweet cat's life. If you didn't already pick up on it, I'm a HUGE animal lover and it really saddens me when I hear about things like this. I'm really glad I called and I hope the cat can recover and find a new owner that will take good care of him. :)
Anyway... that's all that's been going on this week. I had a sad baby case at work recently, but it's probably not appropriate to talk about on here. But a note to whoever may EVER read this... If you don't want your baby, take it to a local hospital and drop it off at the ER. You will not be penalized for doing this.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
PS - If you drink coffee or tea, you should invest in a Keurig coffee maker thing... it's amazing! Oh and now you can make hot chocolate too :) :)



Awww, Ashley, you are so sweet :) Not many people would do that for a little cat. You have a wonderful heart. And Oh my gosh, the Keurig!! I know! That the thing is so awesome! Perfect thing to own for a coffee or tea drinker!
ReplyDelete