Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Engagement 2007

Monday, April 9, was 5 years since Andy proposed to me!  I know it's slightly cheesy to keep track of things like that, but it is something I'll never forget and why not cherish and remember the moments that have greatly impacted your life? :)  It was the end of Easter weekend 2007; I had been to Texas to visit my family and Andy had been to Illinois to be with his extended family.  I arrived back in Warrensburg, Missouri (where we lived at the time) before he did and I wasn't sure if I would see him that night or not, so I decided to just get ready for bed and I'd see him the next day.  I had kept a few lights on (because I usually do - complete darkness freaks me out) and I was upstairs about to fall asleep in my bed when I heard him come in the back door.  I knew it was him and I got up to go say hi.  He was turning off all the lights and I remember asking him what he was doing because he JUST got in the door and was turning everything off... it seemed strange.  He didn't say much.  He showed me upstairs...still turning out any lights he could find... and then suddenly he starts telling me that he loves me, etc. (I'll spare the mushy parts), got down on his knee and opened a box with a light shining on this beautiful princess-cut diamond solitaire ring!  The rest is history!  (And that explains all the lights needing to be off!)  I never would have guessed that 5 years down the road we would be in our first home with a dog, cat and new baby!  AND planning a move almost half way across the world to Hawaii!  We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment